Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

The Life of Riley

I've been living the "life of Riley!" I decided to take a couple of days off just for myself and boy oh boy, it has been great! A little time was spent on work and taking care of some business, but the bulk of the time I have enjoyed playing homemaker like in the "good old days."  Even laundry and cleaning are more fun during the day!  In between..............................

I finished this book, and it was a wonderful read.  Written by D.E. Stevenson (from Scotland, Anna!) and originally published in 1936, it was the author's second book.  She wrote sequels, which I fully intend to find.  If you're in the mood for a light-hearted, well written story, this is the book for you. 

My hair got a much needed trim today, and I sewed the little inside pillow for my flower accent pillow.  I'm trying to decide if I want a ruffle or not.  I'll let you know next time..........

Like many of you, we are having a real cold snap here.  So much so that Pumpkin gets her coat put on every time she goes out.  I think she likes it.........:)


I'm off now for a date with hubby.  "Playing homemaker" should probably include cooking dinner but, hey, let's not go crazy.  I'm sure he'll enjoy a steak out all the same.  I've really just been too busy to cook!


3 comments:

Tracy Batchelder said...

I'm all for eating out whenever possible!

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, thanks for the book recommendation -- it looks great! I LOVE playing homemaker -- you're right -- cleaning IS more fun during the day. And your dog looks too cute. That little coat won't be needed for a day or two here -- what's up with this weather???

Sandra said...

That sounds like a book I need to add to my reading list, thank you for sharing :)