Pages

Monday, November 24, 2008

Endings and Beginnings

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end."

Well, the room for my mom is d.o.n.e.! I am happy to be able to cross this big project off my to-do list. I'll start with the before and during photos. I must say again that I am not a good photographer....I'm unable to capture great pictures. But, you'll get the general idea.
Just before I moved everything out of my sewing room.....what a mess, eh?
The hubby is messy while he paints, but everything turns out beautiful. He does nice work!

A view from the hallway....the picture is too dark....told ya.

A brighter picture. I am happy with most of the changes. The window treatments were an unexpected struggle, and not exactly what I had in mind. My mom likes them, so that's the most important thing. The only thing left to do is find some sweet things for the walls. That may take a while....I am loathe to put holes in these freshly painted walls until I find something I love.

I was thrilled to find this lamp. It has a little light under the shade, perfect for my mom during the night.

Every girl needs a satin heart pillow. There's enough fabric left for two small square pillows with cute ball fringe trim. That's down on my to-do list for now.

A trinket box with, *be still my heart*, a purse on it!

I'm not sure exactly how things will pan out around here. My mom may "commute" between here and her house, which is only two streets over. Time will tell...she grows more frail by the week. Although I know there will be many a bump, I pray daily for patience and strength. Change is good, right?

Since Thanksgiving is around the corner, I want to add to my thanksgivings list tonight. I could continue this list forever, and still not mention all my blessings. Right now I am so thankful for...

....warmth, because I just can't seem to shake the cold the last few months

...my son, Timothy, who makes me laugh every day

...my washer and dryer...you know how I feel about laundry : )

...books, because without the written word, life would be so bland

...lemons and cinnamon...they spice up my life

...Emily, my girl...whom I see so much of myself in, and yet I'm so grateful she is her own person

...lower gas prices

...music sweet music

This post has been a long time coming. I had thought to have more pictures, but once I began to upload them realized these were the best of the lot. Many thanks to all of you for your encouragement during this big project.

I hope as you celebrate Thanksgiving with your loved ones, you'll be able to seize a moment of peace and find an opportunity to really see all there is to be thankful for.

"Give thanks to the Lord, call on His name, make known among the nations what He has done." 1Chronicles 16:2



9 comments:

YayaOrchid said...

Amy, the room turned out beautiful! I really like the window treatments. And the little details, the heart pillow, it all says 'welcome'. Great job! Isn't it nice when we finish projects, there's no feeling like it in the world. Pride and a sense of accomplishment...

Well, I'll stop now and add that I wish you and your loved ones a most wonderful Thanksgiving Day, full of God's blessings. Much joy to you Amy!

GlorV1 said...

Hi Amy. You did a wonderful job on your mother's room. She must be so happy with it and so proud of you for doing what you did. What a great daughter you are and I hope you mom, although frail as you say, continues to be healthy. The room is beautiful, congratulations. Amy, I hope you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving. We'll start cutting calories after the holidays.:) Take care.

Susie Homemaker said...

Oh Amy, the room is o beautiful...you have an eye for detail...your Mom must be so pleased...I know the road you are going to go down...yours does not have to be as bumpy as mine was...I will pray for you and your family...Please know my thoughts are with you on Thanksgiving and always...
Love,
Susie

Kathryn said...

Dear Amy,
Your mothers room is lovely, the window treatments look superb. I'm sure she knows how lucky she is to have a daughter like you. Hope things go well for her. I so enjoyed reading of the things you are thankful for.
We don't have THanksgiving here in Australia, but I count my blessing every day, and thank God every night before I sleep.
Best Wishes & God Bless,
With Smiles
Kathryn x
PS I forgot to tell you, I have sent the pattern.

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Your mom's new bedroom turned out beautiful. What a great job you did on the drapes!

Blessings,

Sher

GlorV1 said...

Amy, I am happy to be going back to class, but only because on the 11th. of Dec. it is finals. That's why I am happy. Oh and of course, happy to be alive. Thx for stopping by my blog.

Femin Susan said...

Hi Amy, the room turned out beautiful! I really like the window treatments. Good luck..

Thimbleanna said...

Wow Amy! Your mom's room is just beautiful! You did a great job and I'm so impressed with those curtains!

Taya P said...

Greeat post