Pages

Monday, November 3, 2008

Milestones

Sewing rules once again here at the Acre. Although, sadly, I have not one picture to show....rest assured I am lining up lots of projects for the coming weeks. For one thing, I need some new clothes...
.....and work has continued on the bedroom for my mom. The hubby was good to his word and finished painting this weekend. I am really happy with the color. A week or so ago I had my mom look at the fabric for a new window treatment and she had a good time picking everything out. She insisted there be sheers involved, so I caved on that but stuck to my guns on the pinch pleats. I can do pinch pleats, have done many pinch pleats, even perhaps excel at pinch pleats, but somehow it's just not in me this go 'round. Besides, aren't they "out" now, anyway? I still need to tweak the final design.....but I'm supremely thrilled to have gotten all the fabric and lining for 50% off. Here's a teaser for the finished room. When it's done, I'll show before, during and after photos. What do you think of the color?

I read about making scarves for the Winter Olympic athletes at Woolwindings. Tracy is a big inspiration to me when it comes to knitting. I was unable to link directly her post about this project, so surf around 'til you find it....you'll enjoy yourself. I had trouble finding the yarn locally here, so I wound up ordering the blue. It arrived the other day and I had fun winding it into 1.75 oz balls. I am going to split the yarn with my mom...I'm hoping this project will be good for her.

In my continuing effort to clean things up and simplify, I dug out this little sweater that I started earlier in the year. It's for a special little sweetie that I'll tell you more about later. I held it up to her today and was pleased to see it should still fit. I've started the first sleeve, and hope to crank right along to get it done before the holidays. This pattern is called the Wonderful Wallaby, and so far it has been a pretty wonderful knit.



My lovely daughter gifted me with this delightful vintage tea towel....I'm crazy about it! My little girl turned 21 this past week. Emily is a treasure beyond my wildest dreams. There's so many special things I could list about her, but Emily will always be loved for her sweet and generous heart. You are a true blessing, Honey. Happy, happy birthday!



" A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the
joyful moments of the present, and the hope and promise of the future."
~Author Unknown

Tomorrow's the big election, and I don't have to return to work until next Monday. The week ahead looks to be a busy and exciting one for everyone in some way or another, and in the midst of it all, I hope you find many moments of peace.

5 comments:

Susan said...

Wow, lots going on over there. I love the soft pink. It is cute how your mum wants sheers, do you think we'll be the same and want things familiar? Back in the day that was a well dressed window. You have a beautiful daughter; Happy Birthday to her.

Susie Homemaker said...

Hello my dear friend,
I have thought about you all day and now here you are...I think that color for your Mom's room is stunning. I laughed at you and the pinch pleats! Too cute!
You are a wonderful Mom of a beautiful daughter. My daughters and I are very close too...
There is finally peace here at home. My mother has decided to go and live down south with another daughter. It was too cold for her here...and she seemed very unhappy. I have said a prayer all day that she find the comfort and happiness she has been looking for my whole life. I know in my heart that I tried...

Please take care my dear friend.
Love,
Susie

GlorV1 said...

Amy, I really like the color of the room. It looks very warm and alive. Your daughter is beautiful and the vintage tea towel is great. I have a couple of them. Thx for stopping by and leaving nice comments. Take care.

Tracy Batchelder said...

The room for your mom is going to be lovely. I can't wait to see what you create.

Thanks for the nice compliment.

Kathryn said...

Dear Amy,
I love the pink paint in your Mum's room,(she is lucky to have you) the little pink number you are knitting looks so sweet too, you must show us when it is finished. Your daughter is a stunning looking girl, so glad to hear she has a sweet disposition as well. My baby is 13 yrs, and she is the world to me. (Thankyou for visiting my blogg)
With Smiles
Kathryn
Australia