Today is a good day to blog.
This guy (my youngest) is 22 years old.
So, I got his cake done.
And while I was at it, I got busy and made chili for the freezer,
along with some grilled chicken for salads this week,
and, why not, a meatloaf for tomorrow.
It feels good to be in the kitchen today.
Even if we are dining out for the birthday celebration tonight :)
I do miss those little helpers I used to have.....so now I settle for an attentive audience :)
While I was working away, I let my mind wander as I so often do these days.
And this is what I have learned in the last several months.
- I don't like working overtime.
- No matter what....never put off til "right before bed" what you can get done earlier. When bedtime comes, so does exhaustion.
- I'm a gal that likes a straw...and today I'm out. Putting them on the list.
- I have turned into my mom about a lot of things, not least of which is making lists.
- Cooking and cleaning can wait til tomorrow....when you have little children to rock (so says the popular poem). But when those children are all grown up, it behooves you to keep up on the cleaning.
- If you don't keep up the cleaning, you look around one day and become mortified.
- Mortification is not a good feeling.
- Having said all that about the cleaning, it's good to pace yourself. I'm not the marathon cleaner I used to be.
- There is nothing stronger than the power of prayer.
- I don't like overtime.
- Making baby-sized clothing provides instant gratification. These baby hats were fun and fast, and the peach and lavendar will have matching sweaters.
- And finally, I have learned that life goes on, no matter how sad, lonely, stressed, worried, or tired you are. So you may as well say your prayers, have a cup of tea and make the best of every day.
- And don't work so much overtime.