Pages

Friday, August 1, 2008

Knitting Knews

Hot weather and a full day at work make for a tired homemaker today. During the week I have had a few opportunities to pick up some lingering knitting projects. There is usually some sock knitting going on year round. These are for me, unless a certain lovely daughter of mine decides she might like them....or I need a last minute gift for someone special.


I started this little red sweater for a coworker's grandson to be. Right after I cast on, my mom was hospitalized for 2 1/2 weeks while I was preparing for my son's graduation party. Needless to say, the sweater went by the wayside. Now that Mom is home and my son is graduated (Summa Cum Laude) and said party is "wrapped," I have gotten quite a bit done. The baby is due in September, so instead of a shower gift, it will be a "welcome baby" gift.
I'm hoping the weekend is both productive and restful for me. My home is calling to me....and I miss taking the time to fuss over it like I did when I was home full-time. Even working just a few hours a week seems to throw me for a loop when it comes to my schedule. Oh, how I miss those wonderful days as a true, full-time homemaker! Have a lovely weekend.....

2 comments:

YayaOrchid said...

I just found your blog through "Homespun Living". You have a most delightful site! I'm adding you to my list!

Tracy Batchelder said...

Love the classic style of the baby sweater and the red color is great!