Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wednesday Work

My ongoing effort to cook at home more has got me on the lookout for new recipes. Since the kids aren't home every single night for dinner anymore, I can try some simpler dishes. I picked up these two books the other day...they are filled with good recipes and sweet stories.
I like to make soup...and have three or four standards that everyone loves. The other day I dug out my breadmaker. I had put it away a couple of years ago, since everyone around here was thinking "low carb." I have been making honey-wheat bread for sandwiches, a good "at-home" lunch. This new book has a recipe for focaccia bread, which I am anxious to try. Has anyone ever made this bread?

I have begun work on the sewing room. Remember my last post about "getting rid of the junk?" I should have taken my own advice long ago...things have really accumulated over the years. Now I just hate the thought of giving away that treasure. The thing is, I don't know if I'm ever going to use all this stuff....and I know I need to be realistic if I want that great feeling of "lightness" when it's all cleaned out. Good thing I gave myself a Thanksgiving goal....this could take a while. (As a side note: I took the before picture, and now I am reluctant to post it. What a mess! I think it gives the completely wrong impression of the real me. The rest of my house doesn't look nearly that bad.)

I'm off to spend the day with my mom. We're going shopping for the first time since she's been home from the hospital, and then a visit to my aunt who is in for rehab after a hospital stay. Auntie Frances and Mom are sisters.....and always so close.

It is sunny and cool here...a real blessing. Hope you all have a beautiful day.

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart..." Colossians 3:23

3 comments:

Tracy Batchelder said...

I'm all for spending less time in the kitchen these days. One pot dishes like soup make cleanup a breeze.

YayaOrchid said...

I think I made focaccia LONG time ago, and it was good! Focaccia and soup sounds really good!

So glad you're getting cooler temps to lighten your load. It's still hot here.

Creations from my heart said...

Hope your day tomorrow is a bit brighter. I love your little photo at the end of the post. Love, Sherry