Pages

Monday, December 30, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday ~ December 30, 2013



 

 As I look outside my window:::
 Cloudy and cold today in Michigan.  Below zero temps expected overnight and for tomorrow.

 Right now I am::: 
 Listening to my new washer and dryer.  They are quiet but close by.  Also hoping I have done this right....it's my first time to link to Sandra's Happy Homemaker Monday.

Thinking and pondering:::
 About a special and fun project I'm working on.  Nope, it's not more baby clothes.  Something very different for me.....more news to follow :)

On my bedside table:::
 "The House I Loved" by Tatiana de Rosnay.

Listening to:::
My husband being a sweetie and rinsing up a few dishes.  What would I do without him?

On the menu for this week:::
Now this is where I need to snap to it, as I've been too lax on fixing regular meals.  Although I did cook tonight :)

On my to do list:::
Finish up the laundry....
Tidy up my messy sewing room....(from intense sessions with the new project)....
Buff up the bathrooms....

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
 Other than my secret project, I have some buttonholes to finish...
Started a new baby sweater.....
Finish up socks for my girl...

My simple pleasure:::
Enjoying a television show with the hubby.

Lesson learned the past week:::
Don't put off trying something new.....just do it!

Looking around the house:::
Enjoying all the Christmas decorations.  Planning to take them down next weekend (just shy of Epiphany, but I want to take advantage of the day at home).
 
Prayer List:::
Several friends going through difficulties at this time....
So many people I know who have lost a loved one in the past two months......

Bible verse, Devotional:::
 "Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."
~Ephesians 4:32

2 comments:

Jen said...

I am hoping to take my Christmas stuff down tomorrow. As beautiful as it is I always look forward to having it down and put away.

Happy New Year!!

Thimbleanna said...

Amy! So nice to see that you have posted again -- and such a beautiful list!

Happy, Happy New Year!