Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Last Surprise

Have you heard of Elizabeth Zimmerman's "Baby Surprise Jacket?"  I found a crochet version in a pattern book recently and gave it a whirl.  The gift stash is sadly lacking for a baby boy, so..............



 The pattern for these sweet booties is from Purlbee and can be found here.  I really enjoy embroidery, so I continued the blanket stitch around all the edges and added the little flowers.  These were such a quick project! I used fleece, but I have some lovely wool that I think I will try next.  Stay tuned.


 I was so impressed with Sandra's African Flower motifs, that I made a few of my own.  When I looked up the pattern online, the fourth color was added (green in mine).  I think I like the look of Sandra's and am going to try the next few with only the off-white and two colors. 

1
 So, how are you doing? I say it every time, but when I'm away from my little blog I really miss it! I'm having a terrible time adjusting to my routine, which only partly explains my long absence.  I guess I miss being a full-time homemaker more than I thought I would.  At work I have a few moments here and there to daydream about what I'll accomplish when I'm home, and once I'm home I don't know where to begin.  Sheesh!  How do you gals that work full-time but are a homemaker at heart manage?  All advice is welcome!!
Until we meet again........may the Good Lord bless you :)


2 comments:

Tracy Batchelder said...

Such a cute sweater and booties! I don't crochet, but have been planning on knitting the BSJ for years. One day I'll get around to it.

The addition of the green on the crocheted flowers really does change the look. Both ways are pretty, but I think I may like only two colors better, also.

Thimbleanna said...

Such sweet baby gifts! Your crochet flowers are beautiful too -- I really like the green in them. As for the full time work -- it never gets easy. Daydreaming is the key. And planning when you have a few minutes at work. I make lists and prioritize what I want to do, so that when I get home I can get to it. I'm not very good about it during the week, but I try to get stuff done on the weekends. AND, I try really hard not to wish my life away to get to retirement. ;-D