Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

A Little Birdie Told Me.....And A Confession


The other day, in near 100 degree heat,
I was getting reading to head home from a trip
to the store.

As soon as I closed the car door,
this little sweetie landed on my windshield wiper.
He sat there and talked and talked and talked.
I wondered if he was trying to tell me something.
I love birds, so I didn't hurry to leave....and honestly,
I was contented to just sit alone for a minute and watch him.

His chatter was delightful and almost non-stop.
He looked like a baby, and I began to wonder
if he was lost or hurt.

After (no exaggeration here) about 10 minutes,
I really had to get going. I thought once I moved the
car he'd fly away. Well, I slowly backed out of my space,
then headed forward to leave.......and still he
sat there. I asked an elderly man if he could gently
get him off. He did.......and the little guy
flew to the back windshield wiper!

Finally, the man was able to coax the
little bird off the car.
Some story, huh?
All true.......
**********************
I wanted to take a moment to thank
all of you who leave such encouraging comments
about taking care of my mom.
To tell you the truth,
I am not always patient enough with my mom.
The physical work of taking care of her
never gets me down. I really don't mind it!
The thing that is so hard on me is
the being tied down.
Believe me, this is why I pray for patience
every day.
Somehow, I just felt the need to
let you all know that.

"And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle,
encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone."

1Thessalonians 5:14

10 comments:

Susie Homemaker said...

Dear Sweet Amy,

I think that little fellow was singing the Lord's praises to you...He knows what you are going through and sent that gift to remind you He is there.He knows. He cares. He loves you...

''Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.'' - Galatians 6:9

Take care my new "Forever Friend"...

Love,
Susie

Thimbleanna said...

It's like that little book "Are You My Mother?" -- that little birdie was confused! How sweet though. Or maybe in that heat, he was hoping you'd turn the windshield wiper spray on him and cool him off!

Hang in there with your mom. You're my idol -- I'm sure my time will be coming....

Tracy Batchelder said...

Having your day all scheduled for you before you even get out of bed can really weigh you down over time. I hope you occasionally get a chance to take a break and recharge your batteries...like taking a few extra minutes to sit and enjoy a baby bird on your windshield.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Amy!!
aka Emily's mom :)
Thanks for leaving a comment.
Maybe that sweet little birdie wanted to come home with you!
Warmly,
deb :)

Kerrie said...

I know exactly how you feel. I, too, do mind caring for my hubby, but it is the lack of freedom that gets to me. We both were spontaneous about going for a ride or attending this or that and now everything depends on his condition at the time of any part of the day. I love him dearly and hate his illness. Keeping you in my prayers. ♥

tea time and roses said...

Hello Dear Amy

What a sweet story of the little bird. I sure hope he or she is safe and sound. I too love birds and so enjoy watching them as they go about their day.

God knows what we need when we need it and it sometimes just may be through the sweet songs of a little bird.

Smiles....

Beverly

Creations from my heart said...

Love the posts... Tell Emily the PJ's are adorable! It was nice catching up on your blog.
Love...Sherry

tea time and roses said...

Thinking of you. Hope you are enjoying a most beautiful week.

Smiles....

Beverly

GlorV1 said...

Amy, take a deep breath and count to ten and then sit for just a few minutes and say to yourself, I have plenty of time to do the things I want to do, right now, priorties come first. Things will be fine Amy, God Bless You for all you do for your Moms. Take care.

Kathi said...

What a precious little bird and sweet story. Thank you for sharing it Amy. I do understand what you are going through about being tied down. I pray God will send mercy, strength, patience and joy your way. You are a blessing in your mother's life. Take care, Kathi ps I will tell Sharon