First and foremost, a heartfelt thank you to Beverly for the giveaway treasure I recently won on her blog. I love the sweet note cards and tags...what a treat!
This is a little dress set for a coworker's new granddaughter. I used a Simplicity vintage pattern. Interestingly enough, my mom gave me the same pattern she had purchased in the early 1940's. I still have it, but the tissue is too delicate to use. I made my own bias and enjoyed picking out coordinating fabrics.
My sweet Emily has tagged me for seven little known facts about myself. I'll list them here, but will save the tagging for another day.
1. I am terribly insecure at times, and constantly second guess myself.
2. I used to be very afraid to stay alone at night, now I'm just too tired to be afraid.
3. I love to read the dictionary. Yes, I read it...as in peruse.
4. Marigolds are my favorite flower...I love how they smell.
5. When I garden, I love to get absolutely filthy dirty, and then come in and take a hot shower with some really good soap.
6. One of my favorite hymns is "How Great Thou Art,"...I love the Elvis version.
7. I want to see Mount Rushmore and the Grand Canyon before I die.
Doing this little quiz was harder than I thought. If you are so inclined, leave a comment about some of your "little known facts."
Saturday found us celebrating our 22nd wedding anniversary. We had a busy day around the house, but settled down to enjoy dinner out in the evening. Here's a picture of us on the big day.
I should post a current picture of us for comparison, but we'd both like to reduce a little first. We've gained some weight, and some insight, but we're still happy.
I'm feeling blissful...a day off awaits me tomorrow. There's lots of cleaning to do, errands, of course, and a new recipe to try. I think I'll let the day unfold as it will, and thank the Lord for every blessing He gives me...including that man o' mine who is always there to make it better.