Pages

Friday, July 18, 2008

Friday...And The Living Is Easy

Yep, it's Friday and I'm home today. Lovin' every minute of it...so far. I'm home alone right now (possibly the source of my elation). Gotta get in gear and run around. The list is growing and if I think about it, I feel like I'm spinning my wheels getting everything accomplished. So...I'm not thinking about it! What I am thinking about is what to make for dinner. We are under new dictatorship around here when it comes to spending and especially eating out. So, my self-imposed new rule is making more work for me, but had to be done. Tonight's dinner, since it is still so hot and humid, will be sandwiches on homemade bread and possibly some homemade potato soup.

Past experience shows that I usually get off to a booming start with the "eating at home every night" plan, but it begins to fizzle about week #2. Since I know that caring for my family in a responsible way is very God pleasing, I have a new game plan this time. First of all, I want to try some new recipes. I know the best way to achieve success is using good planning (like remembering the day before to take the meat out of the freezer....and having the necessary ingredients available). I think I have to plan more simple meals in the mix....a gal can't make a delectable roast with all the trimmings every night, can she? I'll say my prayers and stay positive.

Hope your day is filled with love and peace.

1 comment:

Tracy Batchelder said...

You're off to a great start on your blog! Good luck with the meal planning. Cooking can become a chore if you let it. Keeping it simple is a good idea. Sandwiches on homemade bread with potato soup sounds delicious to me.