Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Windy City

Hello again.  Thanks for the sweet comments after my last post....I'm doing much better and enjoying the beautiful sunshine today.............along with some wind.  If the temps were (a lot) lower it would be almost balmy here :)

Our holidays were nice but like so many others I'm happy they are done and we are moving on to the new year.  Hasn't it been flying by?

I am attending a knitting circle at a LYS with my friend, Sherry.  I picked their "Summer Flies" shawl in Rustic DK yarn. It's a nice knit and so squishy.

I love it.....but it's not a good project for all the gabbing going on (lots of counting).  So the shop had a sample of a sweet little neck wrap crocheted with motifs. I switched over to that for when I'm there.  I love making it and see another one in the future.  I'm using Lang's Mille Colori Lace and Sock yarn in three different colorways.....so luxurious, with just enough fuzz for that lovely "halo" effect.  My picture doesn't do the colors justice, they are vivid and beautiful!
Some time this year I'd like to spruce up my bedroom.  Maybe a paint job and new window treatment.  I have an antique fan-back chair from my mom next to the bed, so this little pillow will find a home there.  All I've left to do is make the inner pillow and crochet a ruffle around the edge. 
I think I might add some little buttons to the flower centers, too.  What do you think?

I'm off now to hopefully finish up a little baby gift I started several weeks ago.  Blue and white plaid polar fleece jacket and matching blanket or overalls, I haven't decided. 

Have a nice week, and if you're in the midwest like me, stay warm. Weatherman is saying very cold Monday and Tuesday!

4 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

How fun to knit and make pretty things!
Of course you miss your Mom!!!
Brrr....let's both keep warm this week!
Warmly,
deb

GlorV1 said...

Hi Amy. Good to see you. How fun your knitting projects. They are always so darling. How is your little Pumpkin doing. So glad you are doing better Amy. Your Mom would be so proud of her. I always remember how you were always there for her. Such a good daughter. Happy that you are doing better Amy. Say hello to Pumkin. That reminds me of that silly saying:

Cheater cheater, pumpkin eater.
hahahah. take care.

Thimbleanna said...

It's so wonderful to see you pop back in Amy. It looks like you're working on some fun new projects -- they all look so beautiful. Stay warm -- sunshine being sent in the mail today! ;-D

Tracy Batchelder said...

I love the colors of the yarn you're using for the neck wrap! I'm not sure the pillow needs buttons, because it's pretty just the way it is, but try it and see how they look. You can always take them off if you don't like them.