Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Are My Ducks In A Row?


Of course not.
I only dream of having all my ducks in a row.

I'm cleaning out my craft stuff...
and any other stuff I get my hands on.

Simplifying is hard work....there's tough decisions to be made.
What to keep, what to put in the garage sale....
will I miss this or that?
Will I ever finish this or that?
Yes, I tell myself, I must finish something.

So, here's a glimpse of the first project I plan to pick up and complete.
A baby blanket done in entrelac. This is my virgin entrelac project, started about two years ago. It's been so long since I worked on it, I can't remember if I found it difficult.
I don't think so, though.

I've had a pretty productive day, which really perks me up.
I worked for 7 hours.
I came home and made sure all was well here and then....
Headed to get groceries (we were almost Mother Hubbard conditions here)
Came home, put it away.....
Cooked chicken and dumplings for some of us, and....
chicken salad for the rest (yep, we got some picky people here).
The chicken and dumplings came out pretty good, by the way.

After dinner, I went down to get the baby blanket out of the stash and decided to....
Hem a top I recently got on clearance and just needed shortening....
Then, I worked on a summer dress that's been sitting down there for, oh, a couple of years...
And finally, I came back up here to tell you all about it.

My life is so boring.


8 comments:

Susie Homemaker said...

That's exactly what I have been doing Amy...trying to finish all my half done projects. Good news is, I will have lots of Christmas presents to give out this year...

I love your little Pumpkin...her color is so pretty.

Love & Hugs to you my friend...
Susie

Thimbleanna said...

That sure as heck doesn't sound boring to me. Sounds like lots of fun and that you got a lot done. Good luck with the simplify-ing -- I really need to do that too!

GlorV1 said...

Amy, your life is not boring. I love your little pooch. Looks so comfortable. What a darling. Sounds like you are really doing stuff and it doesn't sound boring to me. It's fun to hear about what you do during the day. Hope your mom is doing okay. Have a great weekend Amy and have fun.

Creations from my heart said...

Great for you getting to all those unfinished projects. I totally understand, I have a sewing chair that is filled with them. Maybe someday. Have a great time at the Armada Fair!
Love...Sherry

Tracy Batchelder said...

Can you believe I've never attempted entrelac? I haven't even read up on how to do it. The blanket looks like it's off to a good start. Hopefully you'll find it's something you enjoy or at least remember why you set it aside in the first place. Good luck with it.

Loks said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I must say I love yours and your perky sense of humour!
Finishing a project is never as fun as starting one. My experience anyway. Hense unfinished projects linger!! However I too am taking up on old projects and finishing them, sometimes even when i don't enjoy them. I think the baby blanket will be beautiful.Marlyn

Susan said...

I'd find time to snuggle with Pumpkin...too cute!

tea time and roses said...

Hello Amy,

Simplifying can be hard work, especially for us crafters!:o) I always have the "what if I need this" going on in my little head, but once its all done I am a whole lot happier:o)

I love chicken and dumplings, they are delicious and can imagine how wonderful yours must have been. I just love them!!

What pretty colors in your entrelac blanket. I would love to learn this lovely stitch pattern, so very pretty. I have always admired it but I thought it to be difficult. I cannot wait to see your lovely blanket in its completion. Happy week to you dear Amy:o)

Smiles....

Beverly