Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Oh, Canada


Greetings from windy Canada. We are near Lake Ontario, and it is a brisk wind, indeed. My first day here was spent.....relaxing! Woohoo, it was nice. In between some reading, and even a nap, I started some mindless projects.

A "textured" dishcloth....pattern from the ball band of Peaches'nCream cotton yarn. I love the colors, and the pattern is just interesting enough.

Next up, I brought some sweet floral scraps found many moons ago at a now-closed quilt shop. The yo-yos will make up a pillow for Mom's room...what do you think....round or square? I plan to use ball fringe trim in a pretty pink or cream color.


All's quiet at home....at least that's what they're telling me. My mom sounds good and is enjoying helping take care of Pumpkin. She is turning out to be a good little puppy...she is potty trained (goes to the door and barks), can sit and lay down on command, and is pretty close to being able to "stay." In case you forgot how cute she is....here's a Pumpkin picture.


Pumpkin enjoying a pilfered sock.....who left their socks on the floor....wait a minute, that looks like mine.

I plan to visit a local fabric store or two tomorrow....I have lots of stuff at home waiting for me, so I'll shop with care and discretion. I'll be ready to get back home....I'm not much of traveler. Until then, hope you are all blessed with peace and a good project for your mind and soul.

8 comments:

YayaOrchid said...

Amy, it sounds like you're having a wonderful time! Bring back lots of fabric and wool yarn! Enjoy your trip!

GlorV1 said...

Oh how fun Amy! Do enjoy your trip and doggie looks so happy. Yay, you're on a trip. Fun, Fun, fun! Take care.

Susie Homemaker said...

Dear Amy,
I hope you are having a nice time while in Canada...funny, I am working on a dishcloth too...Can't wait for you to get back so we can start "The Journey"...

Love you much...
Susie

Susan said...

Pumpkin is so cute he is upstaging your colorful yarn and gorgeous fabric btw will make a gorgeous pillow.
Enjoy the relaxing, the weather here is up and down windy and cold although northeast to Ontario can't be much different.

Emily said...

I think you should do a round pillow. I like that idea... can I have one?? :)

XOXO
Emily

the voice of melody said...

Enjoy your visit to Canada, and that dishcloth project. Hope little Pumpkin is behaving! :)

Thimbleanna said...

Gosh, I never think to look for the patterns on those ball bands. I hope you had a good get-away!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Hey you may have noticed that my friends and I are working on a quilt which requires yo-yos for the cherries. Well, we each bought an official yo-yo maker with coupons from JoAnns. I have to say, they went MUCH faster than the old fashioned way.
Good luck.