Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Whole Lotta Cookin' Goin On

"Cooking is like making love...you do it well or you do not do it at all"
~Harriet van Horne

Well, I don't know about that quote I chose for today's post : ) Yesterday I was able to get into the kitchen and do some cooking and it felt good. I started with a pot of cream of potato soup, followed by navy bean soup with ham...including a cornbread for good measure.


I didn't get a picture of the potato soup, but it was good.

My mom is holding her own for the moment, and looking forward to coming home on Thursday, the 12th. The plan is for her to go home and see how she fares. I plan to make daily visits, perhaps more than one a day....so I just finished polishing my running shoes.

I have picked up the needles so rarely lately there's no progress to share. Really, just sitting here writing is pure joy today, albeit short-lived. I'm off to a bridal shower and then to the hospital. The weather here is warmer and sunny, and I've even heard a chirp or two from the other side of the window.....another blessing.

Hope you are happy and feeling blessed today.

"Faith is the bird that feels the light and sings when the dawn is still dark."
~R. Tagore

6 comments:

YayaOrchid said...

That is a whole lotta cooking, and looks delicious too! MMM...potato soup sounds so good.

Glad to hear your Mom is slowly improving. I've been through that, and I now it's hard to see someone who was always strong and vital look weak. Praying for you and her!

GlorV1 said...

Hi Amy, thx for stopping by. I hope your mom is doing better and you too. Your soup looks delish. Please mail me a bowl.:) I made corn bread and chili beans the other day. Say hello to your mom when you visit her and tell her I hope she is feeling better. Take care Amy.

Tracy Batchelder said...

I bet your mom would enjoy some of your cooking instead of hospital fare. I hope all goes well when she is released.

Susie Homemaker said...

Amy,
Looks like we both got a burst of energy today...wasn't the weather glorious! I spotted a Robin today too! Spring is on the way! YAY!

Blessings,
Susie

Susan said...

The soup looks delicious and will sustain you in all that running around you are doing. I went through this with my mother and father and know at times it can be difficult but you will always find the strength. I pray your mom continues to get stronger. Hugs.

Susan said...

Stopped by to say Happy Valentine's Day.