Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Little Whine With That


“It takes a genius to whine appealingly.” F. Scott Fitzgerald


I've been indulging in a little whine lately. I'm talking "attitude" not "alcohol." Mostly it's all been a mental vs. verbal whine. I'm back on the wagon now, and still feeling so grateful for all God's blessings.

The fall decorating around here is complete. Time and money were the ever-present factors that dictated the extent of my effort, but I'm happy with the results nonetheless.


Mums are a favorite of mine. There are so many varieties to choose from. This year I went rust-colored with white. They are lovely.



My aforementioned project with the Mod Podge didn't materialize. Turns out that it smelled too strong for me....headache and all. So I switched gears when I found this little metal vase for $4.19 and used that to arrange the flowers. My original plan was to decoupage fabric onto tin cans and hang them on my porch. I think I like this just as well.

This little towel is the only sewing I've done lately....for the gift stash.

Here's a knitted cloth....such an easy little project, and I love the round shape.


I picked up this sweet magazine...I love every project in it. There's even a pattern for crocheted socks, which I've never done.

This Austen Lace Muffler may just be the first thing I try. Isn't it darling?

I love the colors....the ruffles.....the buttons......the whole package.

For all you apronistas out there, check out this cute apron that was on display at Macy's. It's made out of satin that has the Macy's name in it, with tulle around the bottom. Wouldn't that be fun for the holidays?

It sure is good to be back here blogging....such a balm for a gal with a grateful heart that's hankerin' for a good whine :)


“Gratitude is when memory is stored in the heart and not in the mind.”
~Lionel Hampton

10 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Glad you are feeling better, I remember you saying something about "quiet time." I love that apron at macys and your front porch looks so inviting. The idea of decoupage fabric onto tin cans is really a good idea. I've never tried that. Have a great day tomorrow and thx for sharing.

YayaOrchid said...

Amy, whine all you want. That's what friends are for, we'll happily lend an ear. :)

You have been busy while away, haven't you? Your front porch is lovely and those flowers are so Fall-like. Glad you're crocheting neat things like that scarf.

Michelle said...

Your front porch is beautiful!

I so wish I could crochet! Everything I try to do rolls up into ringlets. I know I'm doing it too tightly, but know matter how I start out, it always winds up in a ringlet.

Tracy Batchelder said...

Your entry is so pretty and inviting!

Suzann said...

You've done some lovely decorating.

Susie Homemaker said...

Oh, there you are my friend...I missed you while you were "quietin down"...glad you are back...I added you to my favorite blog list...hope you don't mind. I also left you a little something on my blog page...check out what's behind door #3...glad to see you back...thanks for visiting! And if you ever need to talk about things we have in commom (our Moms)...you know where to find me...the teapot is always ready and we can talk as long as you want...;)

Kathryn said...

Dear Amy,
Glad you are back. Your front porch looks so charming. so..inviting..
That scarf look delicious, must try to find pattern here in Australia. Take care
With Smiles
Kathryn x
Australia

June Cleaver in Sneakers said...

Hi Amy,

Your porch looks beautiful! So inviting. A perfect place to relax.

A cup of Constant Comment tea and a good decorating magazine and I may never go back inside!

Aren't you glad I don't live nearby? You'd never get rid of me!

mrs. h

tea time and roses said...

Hello Amy!

Your Fall decorations are just beautiful! Your front porch looks so inviting. It's ok to whine every once in while, I think we all have our times. :o) I remember my Mom use to say "have your time and cut it off and keep moving! :o) I love your round knitted cloth, where did you get the pattern. I would love to knit one like this. I think I will check "Knitting Pattern Central" or Ralvery and I just bet I may find one there. Thanks for sharing, you have a beautiful upcoming weekend!

Smiles...

Beverly

Susie Homemaker said...

I have book tagged you my Dear friend...come join the fun on my page...

Blessings,
Susie